Emergency vet services are a fundamental cornerstone of our commitment to comprehensive pet care. Your pet isn't going to take "normal business hours" into consideration. Accidents do happen, and when disaster strikes, that is when you need a trained veterinary staff ready and able to help. So, we know that we've got to be ready. This is why you can always rely on our emergency vet care team to be here for you and your pet anytime day or night.
If you are experiencing a veterinary emergency after hours, please contact our Veterinary Emergency Clinic:
Standiford Veterinary Center 24 Hour Emergency
1520 Standiford Ave
Modesto, CA 95350
Preparing for your visit:
- Please know our facility is open and fully staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- If possible, please call our hospital, so we can begin to assess your pet’s condition, help you with directions and prepare our emergency team.
- Bring any available medical records. If your regular Veterinarian is open please contact them to send us medical records.
- If your pet has eaten something potentially toxic, bring the substance with you if it is safe to do so. The more inforomation we have (what time, how much) the more information available for us to properly treat your pet.
- Do not attempt to play Dr. Google and treat your pet with your own medications or any over the counter medications. Many common human medications can be toxic to pets.
- Please remember that sick or injured animals may be painful or react unpredictably. Please use extra care to avoid further injury to your pet or yourself. Please use the proper restraint and transport carriers to protect their travel safety.
What to expect on arrival:
- Please stay updated on our latest COVID related information - click here
- Upon your arrival, a member of our highly trained staff will perform an assessment to triage your pet's situation - click here to view our hospital's triage flowchart
- Due to the increased need for emergency veterinary care, we are currently experiencing prolonged wait times- patients are seen based on the level of triage
- After an assessment, your pet will be stabilized while a Veterinarian prepares a treatment plan for your pet.
- Based on your pet's need for care, they may need to stay for hospitalization.
We Are Always Ready For Emergency Care
During regular hours, our emergency facility is staffed and equipped to respond to any medical or surgical need. From simple as a bee sting to severe trauma, our staff is prepared to care for your pet and help you through a stressful time.
We strive to provide our patients' human companions with prompt, attentive, compassionate, and personal service from the very first moment a patient arrives. This includes establishing a quick, clear line of communication with the primary care veterinarian when possible. We want you to be informed and comforted throughout the process because we know how important and irreplaceable your beloved family friend is to you and your family.
Our Emergency Animal Hospital Is Prepared For Any Critical Situation, Such As:
- Traumatic injuries - fractures, bites, burns, lacerations
- Automobile accidents
- Respiratory emergencies, choking, breathing problems
- Vomiting, diarrhea
- Difficulty urinating or defecating
- Shock or loss of consciousness
- Toxic reactions, poison ingestion
- Labor and pregnancy problems
- Blood in urine or feces
- Postoperative or post-anesthetic problems
- Pain management
- Inability or unwillingness to eat
- and more...
Referrals From Other Veterinary Clinics
If your pet is already a patient of the Stanislaus Veterinary Group network, our emergency vet clinic team will make contact with your primary care veterinarian in order to begin collaborating as soon as possible. However, even if your primary care provider is a member of another practice, we will treat your family veterinarian as an integral part of our team.
We know that having a pet with emergency medical needs can be stressful. In addition to providing all the care needed, we will also work with your budget. We accept all major credit cards and have payment plans available through Carecredit.
For more information regarding Carecredit please visit their website.
No Appointments Necessary For Emergency Vet Services
When every second counts, Standiford Veterinary Center & 24-hour Emergency's vet team is here to help you and your pet overcome whatever medical crisis is taking place. Our emergency animal hospital provides immediate care for your pet without the need for an appointment or any advance notice whatsoever.
When possible, you are welcome to call us before you come or when you are on your way, so that we can prepare for your arrival. However, we do not want to add to the time it takes to get your pet the emergency vet care services they need. If your pet needs emergency vet clinic services in the Modesto area, we are here for you!
Our Emergency Vet Clinic Is Equipped With The Following:
- Care and monitoring by veterinarians and technicians
- Nutritional support
- Advanced pain management
- Continuous rate infusion for IV fluids and meds
- Pulse-Oximetry, End-Tidal CO2, blood pressure, and continuous ECG monitoring
- Oxygen therapy
- Digital radiography and ultrasound
- Emergency surgery
- Complete diagnostic lab for immediate test results